Connect with Policy Makers
Action Alert - Infrastructure Investment Package
Congress has begun developing a $3.5 trillion infrastructure investment package -- now is the moment to make sure U.S. Representatives and Senators from Ohio hear our voices!
The infrastructure package must include:
- $400 billion for home- and community-based Services, including: sufficient funding to identify and serve older people who are eligible, increasing FMAP for HCBS by 10 points for 10 years, double investment in Older Americans Act supportive services, connecting HCBS and HUD-assisted units, incentivizing states to expand the PACE model, and investing in new models of care to support older adults in home and community.
- Enhanced federal investment in the LTSS workforce across the entire continuum of aging services, in order to support recruitment, training, advancement opportunities, and increased wages. Ensure equity in access to increased workforce funding across payment systems.
- $7.5 billion for HUD’s Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly program to expand the supply of affordable senior housing, increase the number of Service Coordinators, and provide internet in these homes.
- Expansion of Medicare to include dental, hearing, and vision services.
Now is the time to act: send a message to your U.S. Representative and Senators today via LeadingAge's Action Alert. We also encourage participation on social media with the graphics below:
Hosting state and federal legislators gives them the chance to meet constituents and learn more about your organization’s work for older adults. It also gives you the opportunity to become a "go-to” organization for policy makers when it comes to issues related to aging services.
Check out this Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit to learn more about the ins and outs of connecting with policy makers.
Political Action Committee
Projects & Partnerships
Director of Government Affairs & Communications
- Leading government affairs and political work
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
- Staff liaison to Communications/PR committee, PAC committee, Adult Day committee, and Affordable Housing committee.
Susan Wallace, MSW, LSW
President / CEO
- Staff oversight, fiscal & operations of organization
- Primary contact for policy priority development & advocacy
- Staff liaison to Advocacy Committee, Nursing Facility/Assisted Living Reimbursement, Billing/eligibility and Clinical/ Operations Subcommittees